Alliance Healthcare Foundation (AHF) and San Diego Grantmakers (SDG) have a unique opportunity for the right person!
Both organizations are seeking to hire one individual to work two part-time jobs – one at Alliance Healthcare Foundation and one at San Diego Grantmakers. These two organizations are co- located in the University City area and would like to hire a communications professional to help each with their unique needs. The successful candidate will be an employee of both organizations.
SDG is a membership network providing services in support of organizations and individuals seeking to increase the impact of their philanthropy through learning and collaboration. Our members include 115 foundations, corporate philanthropy programs, giving circles, donor advised funds, grantmaking public charities, government funders, impact investors, philanthropy advisors, and individual philanthropists who give to a wide range of community needs.
AHF is a San Diego-based agency, funding organizations that align with their mission to advance health and wellness for the poor, uninsured and underinsured, children and the homeless population in San Diego and Imperial Counties. AHF is also a member of SDG.
AHF is seeking a Communications Manager who will work as a member of the AHF team to develop and implement strategies to convey internal and external messages to the community we serve. The primary activities may include creative methods of distributing their message through print, electronic and digital media, ensuring an ongoing presence through these mediums that is timely and relevant, and working with team members to coordinate communications with events and other AHF activities. The essential job functions are:
- Create strategies to maintain & increase visibility for AHF, its grantees and health/wellness issues.
- Work with the Executive Director & AHF staff to develop strategic goals and timelines for communication/PR/Marketing; including but not limited to topic/issue and event promotion, message development, writing of blogs, monthly recaps, press releases, and create/design for the various media utilized.
- Maintain social media and webpage, suggest changes and updates as needed. Provide input as to how staff can maximize and improve postings to social media.
- Prepare analysis of reach and impact of the various strategies utilized.
- Obtain, maintain, and share a high level of knowledge of the most effective strategies and current thinking in the field.
- Develop annual calendar for health and wellness themes.
SDG is seeking a Communications Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Advancement and working closely with SDG staff to support the internal and external communications needs of SDG. The essential job functions are:
- Write or edit program and collaboration meeting descriptions and use an email marketing service (e.g. Constant Contact) to distribute; upload SDG calendar updates to the site and work with staff to ensure that attendance and engagement is high as a result of our internal communications approaches.
- Write or edit and distribute internal and external e-newsletters and other forms of outreach, using email marketing service (e.g. Constant Contact). This will include aggregating philanthropy news and best practices, member news, and analysis/thought leadership created in partnership with SDG staff and/or members.
- Maintain SDG social media presence and webpage; suggest changes and updates as needed.Provide input on how staff can maximize use of social media.
- Support the Director of Advancement with creation of all collateral material and presentation decks.
- Work with a graphic designer to create SDG’s digital annual report.
- Oversee SDG’s internal editorial calendar.
- Provide communications/technology support for all SDG events (e.g., arrange for photography, video, livestreaming, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in communications/media/social media
- Knowledge of San Diego & Imperial Counties’ non-profit sectors
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Preference and ability to work as part of a collaborative team
- Background in the nonprofit or philanthropic sector
- Extensive experience publishing e-newsletters (e.g., Constant Contact or other)
- Background in website maintenance and social media, and extremely comfortable with current technology platforms
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Background in health or experience at health organization preferred (AHF only)
Salary/BenefitsPlease note that since the successful candidate will be an employee of two separate organizations the pay rate will be as follows, depending on experience:
The AHF Communications Manager pay rate will be in the range of $28 to $34 per hour plus benefits including vacation, sick, holidays and health benefits. The SDG Communications Coordinator pay rate will be in the range of $19 to $23 per hour plus vacation, sick and holiday time off.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume through the SDG Job Board at: http://www.sdgrantmakers.mytribehr.com/careers. No phone calls, walk-ins or recruiters please.
San Diego Grantmakers and Alliance Healthcare Foundation provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military