Events in our Community
Let’s make a change—together.
AHF supports many efforts throughout the San Diego & Imperial Counties that advance health and wellness. In 2016, we’re looking to take this mission a step further with iEngageU.
Through iEngageU events, we’ll interact with our community to learn from our efforts and from each other regarding the findings, best practices, and lessons learned in order to sustain what works and to perpetuate better health for all.
Comprised of iEngageU forums, AHF grantee benefit events, AHF Suite 350 iNservice meetups, and a Funding Innovation Forum, the iEngageU series employs multiple strategies in engaging AHF grantees, community leaders, and the interested public in both San Diego and Imperial County.
Strategically, AHF engages the community through town-hall-style events—iEngageU forums—to highlight the latest work conducted by partner organizations. We host our iEngageU Funding Innovation Forum to highlight the work of our Innovation Initiative awardees. In addition, we host the CEOs and Executive Directors of our current grantees for networking and learning with their peers and additional workshop topics for staff of our grantees through the grantee benefit events.
Internally, we will host iNservice education sessions to advance health and wellness for our employees and office mates. As the only foundation solely dedicated to health and wellness, AHF has a responsibility to infuse our community with the tools it needs to improve health for everyone, especially for those who have barriers to access to the resources, information, and services they need to be the healthiest they can be.
2017 iEngageU Events
- January 13 & 14 – Grantee Benefit: USD Symposium | Event open to the public
- February 21 – Resilience Film Screening & Community Meeting w/ City of Chula Vista & San Diego Foundation at the CVHS Performing Arts. Read the blog post for details and trailer.
- March 30 – Funding Innovation Forum, UCSD Sanford Consortium – Duane. J. Roth Auditorium. Watch the video | Access the online application
- April 5 and 7 – Innovation Initative (i2) Webinar | Watch the webinar recording
- April 26 – CEO/ED’s Event at JRDN Restaurant
- May – A Month of Events in Imperial County
- May 4 – Managed Care Medi-Cal Imperial County Discussion | Notes from the discussion
- May 11 – Point in Time Report Release | Read the press briefing release | Watch the video of the press briefing | Read the Point in Time Report in Imperial County Report
- May 25 –iNservice: Outdoor Outreach
- June 26 – Community Coordination: Feedback from the Funding Community
- July 12, 19, 26 and August 2, 9, 16, 9:30am – 11:30am: Nonprofit Finance Fundamentals: Tools to Promote Financial Adaptability | RSVP – for grantees only
- July 26, 1pm – 3pm – Reality Changers – College Apps Academy Launch
- September TBD – Hunger Coalition Full Report Launch
- September TBD – Childrens Data Network
- September TBD – Workshop/Webinar on Insurance and Managing Risk
- October 4- November 3 – Mission Support Office Hours [Michele Silverthorn available 2-3pm on Oct. 8, 15, 22, 29 and Nov. 1)
- October 10 – Day of Service
- October TBD – Managed Care Medi-Cal Imperial County Discussion Part II
- December TBD – Imperial County: Competency in Healthcare for LGBT Community
- December – CEO/ED Alumni Event
If you have any questions about any of the events or about the iEngageU series as a whole, please contact AHF Program Officer Michele Silverthorn at 858-875-3305 or via email at MSilverthorn@AllianceHF.org.