Events in our Community
Let’s make a change—together.
AHF supports many efforts throughout the San Diego and Imperial Counties that advance health and wellness. In 2017, we’re looking to take this mission a step further with iEngageU.
Through iEngageU events, we’ll interact with our community to learn from our efforts and from each other regarding the findings, best practices, and lessons learned in order to sustain what works and to perpetuate better health for all.
Comprised of iEngageU forums, AHF grantee benefit events, AHF Suite 350 iNservice meetups, and a Funding Innovation Forum, the iEngageU series employs multiple strategies to engage AHF grantees, community leaders, and the interested public in both San Diego and Imperial County.
Strategically, AHF engages the community through town-hall-style events—iEngageU forums—to highlight the latest work conducted by partner organizations. We host our iEngageU Funding Innovation Forum to highlight the work of our Innovation Initiative awardees. In addition, we host the CEOs and Executive Directors of our current grantees for networking and learning with their peers and additional workshop topics for staff of our grantees through the grantee benefit events.
Internally, we will host iNservice education sessions to advance health and wellness for our employees and office mates. As the only foundation solely dedicated to health and wellness, AHF has a responsibility to infuse our community with the tools it needs to improve health for everyone, especially for those who have barriers to access to the resources, information, and services they need to be the healthiest they can be.
- April 5: Funding Innovation Forum, UCSD Sanford Consortium, Duane. J. Roth Auditorium, 8:30 am to 11 am | i2 applications open | Register online
- April 25: 4 to 7 pm, CEOs/EDs | 2018 Grantees Only
- May 10: Point in Time Report Release for Imperial County
- June: iEngageU: Reality Changers—College Apps Academy a Year In
- July 11, 18, 25 and August 1: Communications Summer Series (4 weeks)| Grantees only
- December 5: CEO/ED Alumni Event, 4 to 7 pm | Grantees only
Previous Events from 2018
- January 25-27—2017 Grantee Benefit – USD Symposium (register online)
- February 14: iEngageU: Love Your Heart. Stop by our official Love Your Heart location at 5060 Shoreham Place in San Diego from 10 am to 1 pm to have your blood pressure checked.
- February 22: iEngageU: Community Health Needs Assessment—Inform The Process | View recording | View slides
Previous Events from 2017
- January 13 & 14 – Grantee Benefit: USD Symposium | Event open to the public
- February 21 – Resilience Film Screening & Community Meeting w/ City of Chula Vista & San Diego Foundation at the CVHS Performing Arts. Read the blog post for details and trailer.
- March 30 – Funding Innovation Forum, UCSD Sanford Consortium – Duane. J. Roth Auditorium. Watch the video | Access the online application
- April 5 and 7 – Innovation Initative (i2) Webinar | Watch the webinar recording
- April 26 – CEO/ED’s Event at JRDN Restaurant
- May – A Month of Events in Imperial County
- May 4 – Managed Care Medi-Cal Imperial County Discussion | Notes from the discussion
- May 11 – Point in Time Report Release | Read the press briefing release | Watch the video of the press briefing | Read the Point in Time Report in Imperial County Report
- May 25 –iNservice: Outdoor Outreach
- June 26 – Community Coordination: Feedback from the Funding Community
- July 12, 19, 26 and August 2, 9, 16, 9:30am – 11:30am: Nonprofit Finance Fundamentals: Tools to Promote Financial Adaptability | RSVP – for grantees only
- October 4 to November 3 – Mission Support Office Hours [Michele Silverthorn available from 2 to 3 pm on October 4, 11, 18, 25 and November 1)
- November 1 – iEngageU: Hunger Free Kids—Opportunities by District to End Child Hunger (Watch recording of the live stream)
- December 6—CEO/ED Alumni Event (grantees only)
- December 11—Housing and Homeless Roundtable Discussion (invite only)
If you have any questions about any of the events or about the iEngageU series as a whole, please contact AHF Operations Manager Bryan Fisher at 858.875.3330 or via email at email@example.com.