Mission Statement: The mission of St. Vincent de Paul Village is to help our neighbors in need break the cycle of homelessness and poverty by promoting self-sufficiency through an innovative continuum of care, multi-disciplinary programs, and partnerships that come together in the spirit of our creed to teach, learn from, and challenge our neighbors and one another.
Advancing Health and Wellness: St. Vincent de Paul Village’s residential and social service campus advances the health and wellness of homeless and at-risk families and individuals, helping them to pursue self-sufficiency in a safe and supported environment. Our housing continuum ranges from homeless prevention, shelter diversion and rapid rehousing to transitional housing and permanent housing. Comprehensive wraparound services include meals, children’s services, mental health and addiction treatment, career development, and case management. In addition, the Village Family Health Center (VFHC)w is the only healthcare provider in San Diego exclusively targeting homeless patients, providing primary care, pediatrics, OB/GYN, dentistry, psychiatry, and a mobile health clinic.
Additional Information: St. Vincent de Paul Village is Southern California’s largest residential homeless services provider. We began our lifesaving work more than 60 years ago. What started as a small operation serving San Diego’s impoverished has grown into a multi-faceted facility serving over 3,000 meals per month and providing a continuum of residential and social services to more than 1,000 individuals every day. As an industry leader, St. Vincent de Paul Village offers innovative solutions to address the complex needs of the homeless, regardless of age, race, culture or beliefs. The primary goal is to transform lives and end the cycle of homelessness. To this end we provide food, clothing, housing, medical and mental health care, education, job training, recovery services, and child development in an internationally modeled “one-stop-shop” approach. Every night, our campus provides a home for nearly 900 neighbors in need. This includes over 200 children and over 200 military veterans. Another 2,000 individuals seek services daily, including meals, homeless prevention services, and career and education services. St. Vincent de Paul Village’s work is made possible only through the efforts of its compassionate staff, dedicated volunteers, and generous public and private donors.
St. Vincent de Paul Village is committed to serving its clients with the empathy and dignity they so richly deserve. Services are rendered in accordance with the organization’s “CREED”:
- Compassion: Concern for others and a desire to assist.
- Respect: An act of giving particular attention or special regard.
- Empathy: Understanding, an awareness of and sensitivity to the feelings of others.
- Empowerment: Helping others to help themselves.
- Dignity: Counting all people worthy of our esteem.
Mission Support Grant Application Video
Mission Support Grant Award Video
- Father Joe’s Villages Reopens Downtown Restaurant – San Diego Business Journal
- Father Joe’s Villages Reopens Pierre’s Cafe – KPBS
- Cafe to Help Homeless Teens – Father Joe’s Villages – Fox 5
- NCL Love – Ranch & Coast
- Sister Tricia Ready To Fill Father Joe’s Shoes – KPBS
- New Head of Father Joe’s Villages Continues Legacy – UT San Diego
- Father Joe’s Villages Serves 20 Millionth Meal – Fox 5
- Nun Undaunted At Replacing Father Joe, A Legend – UT San Diego